Have you ever wondered what makes some of your images absolutely brilliant, while others just flat out fail to hold your attention and imagination? Having your images professional critiqued can be one on the fastest ways to improve your photography. Learn what the key elements are in making "your" images consistently shine and captivate viewers. Shane will help you define your photographic style - truly harnessing and directing your strengths as a visual communicator. Rest assured, your technical and artistic skills as a nature photographer will improve in ways unimaginable.
What is involved to make this work:
Your personalized One-on-One portfolio review includes:
- Evaluation on 40 of your chosen images.
- Detailed notes of each image will be provided regarding, composition, exposure latitude, artistic expression, communication intent, depth of field, lens selection, filter use, image blends and technical proficiencies.
- Suggestions to focus on strengths and recognize compositional errors or reoccurring tendencies that weaken images.
- Constructive discussions and strategies regarding image editing techniques to maximize image impact. Shane will professionally edit 5 selected images for a powerful "before and after" demonstration of the importance and impact of professionally finished images.
- A 30 minute telephone consultation that clearly summarizes and identifies your photographic strengths and weaknesses and what will be necessary to take your photography to the next level.
Portfolios should be limited to the genre of nature photography, this includes wildlife, landscape, macro, garden, avian and all types of flora and fauna. If you have a particular interest of nature photography that isn't stated here chances are it would be accepted, just make the inquiry.
Accepted Portfolio Formats:
To have your images professionally critiqued please send:
- A CD of digital images or quality reproductions
- A short written statement about you photography
- Appropriate packaging and return postage if you would like your materials returned by mail
- Inkjet Print should be high quality color corrected letter sized prints. Critique notes will be made on the back of each print.
- Digital images should be high quality JPEG's - sized to 1000 px at their longest dimmension.
- Please no digital slide shows, or power point presentations.
- Image portfolios should be limited to 40 images.
- Portfolios will be returned in a prompt manner. Return postage must be included.
- Image copyright remains sole property of the photographer. Any unreturned CD's, prints or electronic media exchanged during the portfolio process will be destroyed upon conclusion of the portfolio review.
The fee for a complete portfolio review is $225.ºº. If you are interested in scheduling a portfolio review to have your favorite images critiqued, please email shane at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your interest