Dolomites & Venice Italy
July 9-18 / 2019 - $6,995 ($1,500 Deposit) - Limited to 12 Participants. (based on double occupancy)
In collaboration with Arizona Highways Photoscapes
ALL INCLUSIVE PHOTO TOUR
This workshop combines the best of natural and man-made beauty as photographer Shane McDermott leads us on a photography journey through the Dolomites and Venice, Italy.
Timed for peak season of wildflowers and optimal weather, we will spend our days capturing stunning mountain scapes dotted with wildflowers and the spectacular history, culture and architecture of Venice, Italy.
This is a definite bucket list adventure you won’t want to miss – join us for the this spectacular Italy photography workshop! Deadline to register – May 10, 2019.
Italy is world renown for its classic beauty, architecture, food and wine and for ten-days, Arizona Highways PhotoScapes photographer Shane McDermott will guide you through two of the most picturesque areas in the country and UNESCO World Heritage sites, the Dolomite mountains and the city of Venice.
Departing from Venice we will travel to the charming village of Cortina d’Ampezzo nestled amongst the Southern Limestone Alps known as the Dolomite mountain range. Here we will stay at the five-star Grand Hotel Savoia for six nights and seven days.
Each day we will travel to various mountain view points by both vans and cable cars to capture the stunning mountain scapes and pristine lakes. From high atop of the mountain summits to the valley meadows filled with wildflowers, Shane will provide his expert guidance on creating inspiring images.
During our stay in the Dolomites, we will photograph stunning peaks from Lake Misurina and throughout Tre Cimme Natural Park. We will photograph numerous peaks including Cordo Da Lago, Monte Lagazuoi, Monte Civetta and Colle Santa Lucia and the Cinque Torre Towers.
When not photographing the surrounding beauty, we will enjoy relaxing at our grand hotel and exploring the streets of Cortina d’Ampezzo and taking in the local culture.As we wind down our mountain adventure, we will travel back to Venice where we will spend the next three days photographing the history, culture and architectural wonders of the renaissance and gothic periods.
We will be up early to capture the beauty of St. Marks Basilica and travel the walkways through this medieval marvel. We will take a water taxi to the islands of Murano to see glass blowing and photograph the colorful houses on Burano. Throughout our ten days in Italy, Shane will provide his expert guidance to ensure you bring home images of a lifetime.
WHAT'S INCLUDED WITH YOUR REGISTRATION
• Photographic instruction
• Transportation in Italy
• 9 nights lodging based on double occupancy
• Tour and entrance fees
• Snacks, water and farewell dinner
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED WITH YOUR REGISTRATION
• Travel Insurance
There are a number of reputable companies who provide Travel Insurance.
For your convenience, we offer travel protection through TravelEx Insurance Services. For more information on the available plans or to enroll, go to www.travelexinsurance.com or contact TravelEx Insurance Services at 800-228-9792 and reference location number 03-0147.
Travel Insurance is underwritten by, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance CompANy, NAIC #22276. W20
AHPS Cancellation: Arizona Highways PhotoScapes reserves the right to cancel any workshop if our minimum student enrollment is not met.
In the event AHPS cancels a workshop, participants will be given the option to reschedule to a later date or receive a full refund for the workshop components booked directly with AHPS.
Please Note: we are not liable for the additional expenses incurred such as airfare, hotel accommodations or any other components booked outside of the workshop.
Shane McDermott, Rick Jacobi
Please be aware that shooting locations stated in this itinerary may change.
Each day we will determine which locations are best based on lighting and weather conditions.
We want to give you the best possible photo opportunities
• Tuesday, July 9 Depart airport hotel at 8:00am for our drive to Cortina d’Ampezzo.
• Arrive at the Grand Hotel Savoia and check-in
• Mid-afternoon Shane will conduct an orientation
• Late afternoon we will drive 12.7 Km (25 minutes) to our sunset destination at Cordo Da Lago
• Wednesday, July 10 We will rise early and depart for Passo Falzarego. The drive is17.8km and will take approximately 26min.
• We will shoot in and a round the summit of Passo Falzarego. At 9 am we’ll talk the first cable car up to Monte Lagazuoi summit.
• After we have photographed through the best of the morning light we will have breakfast at Rifugio Lagazuoi, a mountain hut on top of the summit.
• Then we will take the cable car down the mountain and return to the hotel for downloading and relaxation.
• Afternoon time can be spent on own exploring Cortina d’Ampezzo.
•Late afternoon we will regroup and prepare for our sunset shoot on our drive 9km (15min) to Passo Tre Croci, Malga Ra Stua and the beautiful Souto de Ra Stua waterfalls.
• Thursday, July 11 We will depart early for Tre Cime Natural Park.
• We’ll take a 1.5 mile morning hike to Forcella Lavaredo which places us in one fo the best photographic locations in the entire Dolomites.
• After our morning shoot we’ll walk back to Rifugio Auronzo for breakfast before return to Cortina d’Ampezzo for downloading and relaxation.
• Mid-afternoon Shane will conduct the first image critique.
• Early dinner before heading out for our sunset shoot at Monte Civetta and Colle Santa Lucia.
• Friday, July 12 Once again we will head out at pre-dawn for the Cinque Torre Towers where we will photograph sunrise.
• We can drive right to Rifugio Torre 5. From here we take a short 20 minute hike to Rifugio Scoiattoli.
• We’ll shoot through the mornings best light and then enjoy breakfast at another mountain hut, Rifugio Scoiattoli.
• We will return back to Cortina d’Ampezzo to relax and have time on your own. After an early dinner, we’ll leave for our sunset shoot at Passo Giau.
• Saturday, July 13 We’ll depart early to Monte Piana.
• After shooting the mornings best light we’ll have breakfast at Monte Piana – Bosi Rifugio before returning to Cortina to relax and download images.
• After an early dinner we will leave for Lago Antorno to capture sunset.
• Sunday, July 14 Our sunrise shoot on Sunday will find us at the beautiful Lake Misurina and Tre Cime, Cadini.
• After our shoot we will enjoy breakfast at Auronzo.
• Spend some free time walking around Lake Misurina and photographing the surrounding area.
• We will return to Cortina d’Ampezzo where
• Shane will conduct a second image critique in early afternoon.
• The group will enjoy another early dinner before heading out for Lago Limides for sunset.
• Monday, July 15 Our last morning in Cortina d’Ampezzo we will rise to capture sunrise nearby.
• Return to the hotel for breakfast and check-out. Late morning we will drive back to Venice and check-in to our hotel.
• Take a water taxi to St Marks Basilica for sunset.
• Tuesday, July 16 Rise early to catch a water taxi to St. Marks Square for sunrise. • • We will then wander the walkways and canals photographing gondolas, boats and interesting architecture.
• Ferry to San Giorgio Maggiore where we will photograph the grounds of the church.
• After a lunch break we will travel to Murano Island to photograph the artisians blowing glass.
• Late afternoon we will travel to Burano to photograph the lovely colorful homes along the canals.
• Return to hotel.
• Wednesday, July 17 Another early morning will find us at Rialto Bridge for sunrise. • Leisurely day photographing and exploring Venice. Our final sunset will take place on the Grand Canal.
• We will enjoy a final group dinner in Venice before returning to our hotel.
• Thursday, July 18 Our last morning together will give us one last sunrise before we say our farewells.
• Workshop adjourns by 10:00am